Voila! Bed is now complete. Time to work on those walls and new curtains.
We have been wanting to upgrade to a King bed since and I added a second body pillow to our bed…that made the Queen bed just TOO small.
We shopped around and decided we wanted a low platform bed to accomodate our little guy. He LOVES to climb around on our bed and do ‘surprise trust falls’ (randomly free falling backward and loving it). I of course have to watch him like a hawk and have go-go-gadget arms to catch him every time and make sure he doesn’t fall off the bed (which was quite high off the ground before).
Dave really wanted to break out his new mitre saw and put it to use…so there was no option better than building it… (You could easily make this without mitering the corners too) We both really like the ‘floating’ look so we made a platform out of scrap plywood we had leftover from other projects, attached hidden legs to the height we wanted (8″)and hid the plywood with painted 1×4 boards. We assembled it in our room after spray painting the boards. Here’s a peek at the assembly:
platform with edges going on
Attached top boards to hide plywood
After it was assembled Rory was excited play before we even finished with the floating nightstands.
$25 headboard and a soft rug. Time to finish the rest of the room with a dresser, new curtains, etc…
Here’s an even simpler project we made using the same 1×4 boards and paint in the Master Bathroom.(mirror)