Thinking about selling your house?
We can help you decide if and when it is a good idea to sell.
Here’s how the process usually works:
STEP 1: VIEWING
We’ll come out and take a quick (15 min) look at the property.
STEP 2: RESEARCH AND CONSULTATION
We’ll do the research how your house compares to others and give you a market analysis including other local houses for sale and those that have recently sold to help determine market value. This is where we decide if you really should sell.
This is also a good time to discuss any updates or repairs that you should (or shouldn’t) make before listing your house.
STEP 3: LIST YOUR HOUSE
- You’ll sign a listing agreement and disclosure forms about the property
- We’ll help you with specific STAGING TIPS for your house that will stand out against the competition
- We’ll take photos of the house that will show off its best features
- We’ll set up your MLS listing using smart pricing strategies
- Distribute the listing through a number of other on and offline marketing channels and our network
- Put a sign in the yard
- Set up a lock box on your house and discuss how and when buyers may view your house…and we’ll teach you how to prepare for showings in a way that will set you up for a successful showing.
STEP 4: GETTING A CONTRACT
- We will help you negotiate a contract with the buyer to get you the best deal possible
- The buyers typically set up an inspection of the property. We will help with any post-inspection negotiations and coordinating contractors (if necessary)
- We can recommend attorneys to handle any seller responsibilities, legally protect you during the process and assist with closing documents
STEP 5: THE CLOSING
You will empty the property of your belongings and the buyers will do one last viewing of the house before they take ownership of the property at closing.
We can recommend moving companies (and help you find your new home too whether it’s local or finding you a great agent to work with in a different area of the country!)
Get in touch if you are in the McHenry/Lake County area and you would like to set up a consult.
This form goes straight to our email inbox: